Friday, February 19, 2010

Clancy's Pub in Bray, Ireland

Exterior of Clancy's Pub in Bray, Ireland

When I lived in Ireland, I had made a day trip to Bray. During that day, I shot a few photos on the strand. However, by the time I had started walking in to town, the skies opened and it started pouring down rain.

Since I didn't have an umbrella, I headed for the first pub for a bit to eat and pint. In Ireland, you can often wait 10 or 15 minutes and the rain will pass. The rain didn't let up.

I was totally discouraged and headed back to the Dart (subway) station and headed back to Dublin.

Clancy's is one of the closest pubs to the Dart station, and I had NEVER seen it. Bray is a great little town, within 20 or 30 minutes of Dublin, that has a lot of character. I spent the entire afternoon walking the streets, having lunch and enjoying the sites the town offered.

No comments: