Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Neary's in Dublin of Grafton Street

Neary's Laterns outside of the Pub

For all the times I have gone to Dublin, I have walked by Neary's pub so many times. I think the lanterns being held by the hands are interesting. They are kind of a landmark for the establishment just off of Grafton Street.

For the people who get weary from their shopping adventures on Dublin's business shopping avenue, it always seemed like an Oasis. Until this year, I had never gone inside. Encouraged by the rain and my lack of an umbrella, I ventured in. There was not an open table or a seat at the bar. I did a u-turn and headed back into the rain and for an alternate location.

The inside was like walking into Dublin 20 years ago. The crowd was much older and it just seemed more sedate and genteel. Maybe how Ireland was before the Celtic Tiger and the recent economic downfall.

No comments: