Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Cleveland Trust Building

Door for the Cleveland Trust Building

On my way to the dentist, yes the dentist, I noticed this incredible door. The building on Euclid avenue is being renovated, but the door from the Cleveland Trust is still there.

The ornate nature of the door and the incredible iron work caught my eye. Or maybe I was trying to distract myself on the way to get a cavity filled.

Either way, the door is incredible. Makes me wonder what the inside of the building looked like in its heyday. The building has an incredible rotunda and is perched on the corner of Euclid and East 9th street, one of the busiest arteries in downtown Cleveland.

It makes me want to go inside the building.

3 comments:

chic Gucci shirts said...

nice !

Kevin said...

It's probably more accurate to say that the building is mothballed than under renovation. The rotunda and tower are owned by the county, but they'd love to find a buyer for the pair. Its interior is intact and impressive, especially the stained glass ceiling. It's occasionally opened to the public, and I recommend visiting if you have the opportunity.

College Essays said...

Graet....