Thursday, May 12, 2011

Discovering Lincoln on the Mall

Statue of Abe Lincoln on the Mall in Cleveland

While I was waiting for the bus yesterday, I had a ton of extra time, and I decided to take a spin around the part of the Mall in Cleveland near Key Tower. During my little stroll, I discovered a statue of Abe Lincoln. The bottom of the statue has the Gettysburg address on it.

I never realized the statue was there, but even more so I got a chance to re-read the Gettysburg Address. As we are coming up on Memorial Day, it has reminded me of this country's incredible history and time when we had taken up arms against each other.

I think it is the thing that is incredible about living in an older city - there is history around every corner.

4 comments:

Hemraj said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
WoW Mining Guide said...

Historical Accounts should be given importance and should not be forgotten. It's nice that you had the chance to appreciate the monuments around the city.

chic Gucci shirts said...

good point!

College Essays said...

Amazing... like it...