Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Street Lanterns

As I was getting ready for work this morning, I realized that I had not posted a photograph yesterday. I guess that got my thinking about shooting much earlier and opened my eyes to finding something on my way to work.

After I parked my car, I was crossing the street to go to the local market for breakfast. Maybe for the first time, I noticed a series of ornate lanterns that lined the sidewalk along the sidewalk for the building.

I quickly took a few photos. When I was getting the photo ready to upload, I couldn't decide if I wanted it to remain in color or convert it black and white. I toggled the photo for awhile. In the end, as you can see, I decided the photo should remain in color. I really like the warm yellow light from the lanterns and how it forms a small pool of yellow light on the wall. It was probably what attracted me to take the photo in the first place.

No comments: