Monday, October 13, 2008

Remembering The Skeller at Penn State


After watching Penn State dismantal Wisconsin this weekend on the football field, it got me thinking about all the good times I had at Penn State football games.

Even more importantly, it got me thinking about the times I had before the football games as an alumni. The last two times that I went to Penn State for a football game, I met my brothers and siste (also alumni) at the Skeller. It is a bar in State College where the beer is cold, the tradition is deep and the stories are bountiful. It is alwasy good to meet up there for a few Rolling Rock.

Rumor has it, they do not serve cases of Pony Bottles any more, but luckily, I captured the tradition on film. I also managed to capture the tradition of protecting your beer from someone tapping it and then having to chug it.

We are . . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the tight crop on this photo and that you can see part of the older (better) PSU emblems on that fella's t-shirt. Fine work.

Linda Nawrocki said...

I agree. I am an old school PSU fan.