Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Young Adam Calculates Love

Young Adam Calculates Love

As most of you who read this blog know, I have been walking to work. As the days get shorter, I occasionally get a ride home when I am leaving the office when it is dark.

On this particular day, my friend, Young Adam volunteered to give me a lift. Yes, we did stop at the Map Room for a quick draft. However, on this evening, I convinced Young Adam to stop at the Tremont Tap House so we could finish our conversation about how he calculates if he wants to date a girl. We had moved beyond the basic scale of 1 - 10 to Love Calculus and this photo captures the beginning of a 6 step process for evaluation. Of course - Step 2 is really an average of 3 steps, so you can see it is very complex - as love can be.

Ironically, the girls we both simultaneously rated were not nearly as high scoring as we thought they would be when we started. I guess in relationships, sometimes a person you thought was great - isn't all that!

2 comments:

Jenn Vojta said...

I would like to see a list of the girls that were evaluated.

Unknown said...

1. Jennifer Aniston
2. Your Mom.

OOH, Zing!

Haha - just kidding... those names are forever lost to the sands of time... wiped away like chalk off the top of a bar...