Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Lore Of Ireland

Farmer moving cows across the road

As I get closer to trip to Ireland, I keep thinking about all of the wonderful trips I have taken there in the past. I found an online album of some of my favorite photos. I almost forgot I had shot this photo on the way to the Cliffs of Moher with my friend Orsolo.

Although I won't be headed there on this trip, anytime you get outside of any city, and it doesn't need to be very farm, the warmth of rural life surrounds you in Ireland.

A scene with a farmer crossing a herd of cattle is something that I never saw as a kid, even when we ventured into the country side. It feels like a throwback and something that makes Ireland the low key place that it is.

You often hear about what Ireland is like, and that national lore serves them well. However, there are things that are true about Ireland. Some of them are dying out, but some traditions are still going strong.

3 comments:

LearningByReading said...

What a nostalgic scene. I yearn for the simple days where we could enjoy such simple pleasures. These days we are in such a hurry we never get a chance to look up and enjoy such rustic moments.

Unknown said...

whata beautiful place

Unknown said...

what a beautiful place