Friday, February 25, 2011

Snow Sculpture Made by Wind

an interesting pattern made by snow drift

I was woken up this morning by the sound of the wind violently pushing through the trees. The branches beat against each other and the power lines outside of my wind.

Even more frightening is that some of the gusts of wind were so strong, they literally shook the house.

Although it was snowing, the sky was filled with occasional bits of thunder because of the raging storm. It is called "Thunder Snow."

Things like thunder snow and lake effect rain are some of the things that make living in Cleveland interesting.

When I left my house, I noticed that there were some unusual snow drift. The one in the photo was incredible. There were inches of snow everywhere, but you can clearly see my brick walkway. Actually, a fair amount of this managed to drift right in front of my garage.

Snow can be a pain, but it can be really beautiful. And remember, shoveling is REALLY great exercise.

No comments: