Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Pennsylvania Farm Country

I went to Pennsylvania this weekend. I drove to Freehold, PA to stay on a horse farm called the Galloping Inn. It was a pretty nice day on the drive out there and back. It has been awhile since I have driven through the Pennsylvania country side.

I had totally forgotten about the unique small towns that litter the state roads. I also forgot how there are some totally bizarre houses along the route as well. The best part of driving through the country is spotting a great farm building with a lake. It seems like almost every farm has some obligatory of body of water - a pond, a lake, a stream, a creek.

This picture was taken on my last trip to Pennsylvania, but I thought it really evoked the same type of places I was seeing this past weekend.

No comments: