Wednesday, April 30, 2008

West Side Market

Apparently, I was tired this weekend, because I posted the photo of the West Side Market to my beer blog on Monday morning. So I thought I would publish it here today. Oops.

One of the best features of the area where I live is the West Side Market. It is an old market building that houses Cleveland's oldest public market. In 1902 the city purchased a site for a new market that stands today.

The market house cost $680,000 to build. It was designed by the firm of HUBBELL & BENES was dedicated in 1912--a massive yellow-brick building with an interior concourse providing room for 100 stalls, an outdoor arcade with 85 stands, and a large clock tower.

The photography was taken on Saturday during the busiest time of the week for the market.

No comments: