Thursday, April 17, 2008

Tremont Embrasses Springtime

As I have mentioned before, I live in a neighborhood called Tremont. One of the great things about this urban neighborhood is the great mix of cultures and creatures. While it is an up and coming neighborhood that is being gentrified, there are families who have lived in the same house for generations. From what I can see, most of them are not going anywhere.

In addition to those families, there are cultural clubs and other organizations (such as the Polish club or the VFW), that still thrive in my neighborhood. This picture is of one of those clubs. However, the place is so discreet, there is no sign outside. As spring has arrived, the club nodded this head to this fact by placing the chair outside for their members to smoke.

Some people look for the first buds of spring. In my neighborhood, you look for the chair with someone drinking a bud.

No comments: