Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Graffiti Girl in Tremont

Graffiti Girl in TremontI think that when you are exposed to something every day, you start to miss the beauty of it, or you stop thinking of it as unique. Every morning on my walk to work, I pass two cement cylinders that are tagged with these faces.

I have posted other graffiti images that I have seen around Tremont. However, I had been much more aware of this particular piece and never posted a photograph of it.

It almost seems to me that this isn't really graffiti. The work is so extensive that is it should be considered an art installation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a Radke.

Christine said...

Does Cleveland have something like Pittsburgh's Mattress Factory for large works of art like this? Graffiti has been in the news here lately -- the cops busted the so-called King of Graffiti in May: http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/cityregion/s_508751.html

Nice shots. Hope the artist doesn't get sacked.