Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Mother Duck and Her Ducklings

As I was walking to work, I headed down the hill into the flats. As I passed the trestle bridge, I noticed some ducks walking on the road. Even more interesting was that she was waddling along with a few of her ducklings.

Now, I often see animals in Tremont, but they tend to be more like squirrels or maybe the occassional ground hog, but the river is far enough away that it is strange to see ducks.

I did see a deer the other day (probably the same one they reported on the news that was downtown). That was strange, but understandable.

At any rate, it was a nice surprise on my morning commute. The thing I find a bit sad is the blue plastic bag in the photo. The litter along my route is a little unreal sometimes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute! Those are actually Canada geese, though.

Linda Nawrocki said...

Thanks for the correction. Unfortunately, I know photography and don't know zip about birds.