Tuesday, December 16, 2008

My Christmas Tree

My Christmas Tree

This weekend, I headed to Lake County to cut down a Christmas tree. Since I have a bad history of my trees falling over when they are decorated, I have a process now where I stand up the tree and leave it for a day.

If the tree is still standing the next evening, I weight the stand and then put on the lights and decorations.

This year, I put on only about two thirds of the ornaments I usually put on the tree. I am hoping the tree makes it through the holiday season without taking a dive onto the floor. You might want to follow my on twitter to see how it goes.

2 comments:

David Mead said...

I remember the "great fall of '07" like it was yesterday. Glad to hear you've taken steps this year ;-)

It looks really nice, and that's not with all the ornament's huh.

Linda Nawrocki said...

Yes. My need for excess has been quelled by my frustration with broken oranaments and pine needles everywhere.