Friday, December 19, 2008

The Snowman Takes His Place of Honor

The Snowman Takes His Place of Honor on the Porch

This snowman represents a family tradition. I had rescued him from disposal at the hands of my mother. I dug him out of the attic one year and put him out on the porch. (there might have been a few cocktails involved in that adventure.)

Now the Snowman is greeting everyone in Tremont. I have inherited the snowman from my parents, and he has taken a place of honor on my porch. It is almost like it isn't Christmas if he isn't greeting me at the door.

NOTE: My father sent me an email reminded me that he is an AWARD-winning. Yes, it is true. The snowman pulled in a blue ribbon on more than one occasion.

1 comment:

Jenn Vojta said...

Love the snowman! Especially since he isn't abominable.