Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Lincoln Park in the Snow


A few months ago, I walked around Tremont (my neighborhood) during an Art Walk. I noticed a great photograph of Lincoln Park.


I immediately loved the photograph. The photo struck a chord with me because it reminded me of one I had taken when I was in Tours, France a few summers ago. The globe lights and the park bench. It clued me in about why I loved where I lived. There is a great sense of community. People all know each other and walk everywhere.


Since Cleveland is in the snow belt, I really love the even greater sense of community that exists when the weather gets bad. Everyone in the neighborhood hunkers down, walks through the snow to their favorite bar. I enjoy the walk through the park.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should frame both photos - Tours & Tremont - side by side. I think that would look nice, and be a sublte, artistic commentary on the places you've been...