Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Lanterns at Little Bar

One of the great things about working in the warehouse district of Cleveland is that there is a lot of personality to the area. Most of it comes from the buildings themselves. I think it is a great part of the city because it was run down and untouched through the 'rebuilding years' after World War II.

Since the warehouse district underwent a renaissance after people realized the beauty of these historic buildings, a fair amount of original features are still in place. As I was walking into the office today, I noticed the laterns outside of Little Bar.

Aside from being a great place, Little Bar is one of those stalwarts that has survived the rise to West 6th into a hip and glamorous place.

The lantern caught my because of the glass. It was either styled to look this way, or the glass is so old that it is imperfect. Given the thickness, I am hoping for the second one.

No comments: