Monday, February 11, 2008

Fat Tuesday, Fatter Friday

Last week was Mardi Gras (Fat Tuesday), the final day to whoop it up before the onset of lent. I don't really observe the tradition of lent any longer. However, I do look at it as an opportunity for two things. First, it is a chance to reinvigorate your new year's resolution that has been on the slide. Second, it is a great opportunity to throw on some plastic beads and have a good time.

On Friday morning, I was parking my car and walking to the office when I noticed these beads on the fence. It reminded me of New Orleans. I had been talking early in the week about a photo of a light post I have that is covered in beads. The beads that someone threw during a parade that were never caught, but always remember on the light post as a reminder of the good time.

When I checked this morning, the beads were still there getting more covered by snow and braving the single-digit temperatures. As they say in N'awlins "Laissez les bon temps roulez."

No comments: