Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Traditional Music at the Cobblestone - in motion

While I was in Dublin, I took some photographs during one of the traditional sessions that I attended. Since my camera was enabled with a video camera as well, I shot a bit of the song the bluegrass session players were performing. Isn't a video just a successive series of photos?

At any rate, the video work isn't the greatest, but it will give you a feeling for the environment of traditional music. It is amazing to me that a place like this still exists in Dublin. Most of the other bars use microphones, have bands or closed sessions, and are riddled with tvs.

The Cobblestone in Smithfield village is a proper pub. It is a place you go to drink pints of Guinness and listen to the local musicians plans traditional irish musics (and sometimes a little bluegrass).

No comments: