Thursday, February 21, 2008

Vathouse #4

One of the best parts of going to the Guinness factory, besides the fact that you get to pay homage to such a great beer, is that you are walking on the campus of Guinness. If you walk through town, you get to stroll through the streets to the factory.

It almost seems like you are walking back into a different time. The cobblestone streets and stone buildings always make me nostalgic. I have been to the factory, and on the tour, about a half dozen times. Every time I have walked there, I have noticed this sign and never taken a photo. I was actually walking back from the factory and had passed it. Then I stopped, walked back and took the photo.

I love this picture because it reminds me that Guinness is a real place - St. James Gate where they make the beer that I love to drink.

No comments: