Monday, January 21, 2008

Flowers in the Iron

One of the things that I have always found fascinating about buildings in older cities is the attention to detail that was taken with buildings. I think that there are some buildings that not only have great interiors to be discovers, but also have wonder exterior elements to be seen.

On the way back from dropping off some materials for a client, I was looking at the iron work on the side of the Rockefeller Building. I had noticed it so many different time on this. Today, I decided to take a photograph of the flower details with my camera phone.

It amazes me how ornate these elements were. For this particular building, I also like how extensively they use it on the facade of the building. It is nice to think that in the dead of winter, that something is covered with flowers.

No comments: