Thursday, January 31, 2008

The Junkman's Bike

I didn't shoot this picture this week, but I did finally get the film developed and pick it up. There was a picture on my roll of film, yes, I still shoot with film, that I had been waiting to see.

When I first moved to Tremont, my friends had come over for a Cornhole Tournament. During our afternoon of play, a man on a bike came riding up and started talking to us. A few months later, I was strolling through the neighborhood when I noticed the bike he had been riding was propped up against the fence.

Fortunately, I had my camera with me and I was able to snap a picture. I can't be sure if the junkman lived in that house, but I like to think he is my neighbor. He recycles and doesn't drive a car. Pretty earth friendly neighbor to have

2 comments:

Christine said...

So ... was there an actual human man on the bike or do you mean the little robot on the basket?

Good to know you still have an eye for "getaway" bikes. Didn't you stash one/borrow one from the bushes years ago at PSU?

Love the shots and your take on the shell washing station. Keep up the good work!

- CLH

Linda Nawrocki said...

There is an actual guy who rides the bike. He rides around and collects cans in the neighborhood.

Yes, in my younger days, I did avail myself of an unsecured bike located on the front porch of a fraternity house.