Thursday, January 17, 2008

The Majesty Inside

When you live and work in a big city, you sometimes become immune to the wonderful things that exist where you are. I think part of that problem is that the splendor of the things in a city are often hidden behind the facade of a building. If you don't have a reason to go into a place, you will never discover the magic and beauty it holds.

As I was walking back from lunch today, I remembered being in this building during the St. Patrick's Day parade. I also remember it was a truly beautiful place inside. It was designed to make the people who walked through its arcade appreciate the architecture and the sometimes unrecognizable daylight that flirts with the city.


Walking through this hall today makes me want to explore and discover the hidden gems of Cleveland.

No comments: