Thursday, January 24, 2008

Otto Moser's Moose

There are places in Cleveland that are institutions. Sometimes, I don't really understand why they are renown. Other times, I realize that the close proximity to events that never managed to die in Cleveland might be the main reason for their survival.

Tonight, I went to a concert with my brother and sister-in-law. In regular order, we met up for a cocktail before the show. We met at Otto Moser's bar right down the street from the theatre. It isn't a great place (it is a good place), but it has stood the test of time with good food and cold beer. I am always fascinated by the strange moose head on the wall that really don't seem to fit the rest of the decor.


I don't think I will ever know how they got there, I just need to trust they are there for a reason.

No comments: